Hilleberg Graphic Designer & Digital Asset Management Coordinator
We are a small, prestigious firm in the outdoor industry looking for the right person to join our marketing team. Our marketing team plans and creates ads worldwide, develops and manages a multi-lingual website, creates video and digital content, manages all social media content, and creates and produces an annual 88+ page handbook in three languages.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized Graphic Designer who enjoys working in a small but highly efficient company, has excellent skills with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, knowledge of print production and web design, and some experience with digital asset management and photography. You will work directly with our Creative & Marketing Director to assist in creating all marketing materials for the company worldwide, including multilingual print and digital ads, instruction books, the company’s annual catalog, tradeshow booth banners and graphics, and other marketing support materials. You will also be working with images to format, size, retouch and edit them for use in both print and digital materials. In addition, you will be taking photos of our tents, both for product images and field photos for instruction books, and you will be directly involved with our digital asset management program. You will need an organized mind and excellent attention to detail, as we work in both the US and Metric systems, and we create materials in multiple languages and reference multiple currencies.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or demonstrated equivalent and related experience in graphic design.
- High level of skill in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – Macintosh experience preferred – including a good understanding of:
- Color spaces and color profiles.
- Creating and managing layers.
- Working with styles.
- Creating print-ready files and prepress requirements.
- Experience working with photographs including, but not limited to:
- Color retouching (including changing the color of an object).
- Adding material (e.g., expanding the sky area or adding width).
- Removing background to create clean product images.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to explain design decisions in a clear, non-technical way.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Some photography experience and understanding of using digital cameras.
- Some experience with digital asset management.
Extra consideration will be given to those who have some or all of the following skill sets:
- Web design.
- Marketing experience or training.
- Experience with social media assets, including creating and writing posts, Instragram Stories, and similar.
- Video shooting and production experience.
- Copy writing experience.
A passion for the outdoors is also a plus.
You need to be able to work independently as well as in a team, and you will be working closely with both the US and the European offices. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic for creative work and design, and who can communicate about ideas and design as well as implement ideas and directives from others. We want you to be well organized, creative and dedicated to your work and have the ability to figure things out.
As a small office we help each other out with various things as needed, and you will be expected to pitch in. This can be anything from answering phones and taking orders to helping out in the warehouse.
Hilleberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We base all hiring and staffing decisions on qualifications alone. Diversity in all forms brings strength to our team. If you have the skills needed for this job we encourage you to apply, no matter your background, race, gender, physical abilities, views or sexual orientation.
Salary: To be determined based on experience.
Health Insurance and 401K is available.
Bus pass, paid toll expenses, as well as local gym membership are also possible.
If you are the person we are looking for, please send your cover letter, resume and links to samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org