Hilleberg Web Developer & Tech Coordinator
We are a small, prestigious firm in the outdoor industry looking for the right person to join our marketing team. Our marketing team plans and creates ads worldwide, develops and manages a multi-lingual website, creates video and digital content, manages all social media content, and creates and produces an annual 88+ page handbook in three languages.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized Web developer and Tech coordinator who enjoys working in a small but highly efficient company, has excellent web development skills, and both experience and interest in working with a variety of technology, both hardware and software. You will work directly with our Creative & Marketing Director and will be responsible for managing the company’s world-wide, multi-lingual website and webshop, and you will be working closely with both the US and the European team. You will also be handling the set up and maintaining of email and contact with the web-based vendors that we use. And you will be helping maintain other technology in the office, including Mac and PC computers, servers, printers, scanners, backup hardware and software, phones and the like, as well as working with implementing software and hardware upgrades.
- Experience working with WordPress and WooCommerce including the following:
- Performing regular maintenance and security updates.
- Creating and editing themes and templates.
- Providing support to multiple editors.
- Managing, tracking and improving Search Engine Optimization.
- Experience with PHP, HTML, CSS, and MySQL.
- Experience working within design guidelines to create information-rich sites and pages.
- Understanding of mobile first design standards.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to provide technical answers in a non-technical way.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Extra consideration will be given to those who have some or all of the following skill sets:
- Administrating a multi-lingual site.
- Ability to trouble shoot basic PC and MAC issues and independently find solutions.
- Ability to work with other digital technology, such as servers, printers, scanners, routers, and phones.
- Graphic and/or web design experience.
- Photography experience.
- Copy writing experience.
A passion for the outdoors is also a plus.
You need to be able to work independently as well as in a team, and you will be working closely with both the US and the European offices. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic for creative work and web development and design, and who can communicate about ideas and design as well as implement ideas and directives from others. We want you to be well organized, creative and dedicated to your work and have the ability to figure things out.
As a small office we help each other out with various things as needed, and you will be expected to pitch in. This can be anything from answering phones and taking orders to helping out in the warehouse.
Hilleberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We base all hiring and staffing decisions on qualifications alone. Diversity in all forms brings strength to our team. If you have the skills needed for this job we encourage you to apply, no matter your background, race, gender, physical abilities, views or sexual orientation.
Salary: To be determined based on experience.
Health Insurance and 401K is available.
Bus pass, paid toll expenses, as well as local gym membership are also possible.
If you are the person we are looking for, please send your cover letter, resume and links to samples of your work to email@example.com